Monday, January 23, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars ::


I made these cookie bars over the weekend and they are absolutely delicious. I adapted this recipe from Bakerella:


2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup butter, softened
1 lb. light brown sugar (I used dark)
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla (I always do a tad more)
12 ounce package milk chocolate chips (I used more and used dark chocolate)
1 cup chopped pecans (Omitted these)

Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.

Beat butter and sugar using a mixer until blended.
Add eggs, one at a time to sugar mixture, mixing on low in between each addition.
Add vanilla and beat.
Add flour and mix until combined.
Stir in chocolate chips and then pecans.

Bake in a 9x13 at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.

1 comment: